Even though the weather still feels warm, Pumpkin Spice everything has taken over stores, and we are in the heart of football season! This is pretty much how I am feeling these days:
As the weather cools, I am looking forward to the leaves changing colors and evenings filled with hot chocolate. Until then, I am enjoying warm evenings, perfect for game days! This week I have gathered a round up of my Top 10 Dishes to bring to all of those amazing tailgate parties that make the fall so much fun.
10. Roasted Nuts – you can make them ahead of time, they are easy to munch on, and they travel very well!
9. Sweet Roasted Pretzels – sweet & salty is always a big hit!
8. Milk & Cookies – mini plastic shot glasses & fresh cooked cookies make an impressive, yet easy dessert. Throw a pint of milk in your cooler chest. A little bit goes a long way!
7. Pigs in a Blanket – this is a throw back to your childhood! Normally I like these served warm, but they are good cold as well. Serve them with a fun dip for an extra punch! 7. Pigs in a Blanket – this is a throw back to your childhood! Normally I like these served warm, but they are good cold as well. Serve them with a fun dip for an extra punch!
6. BBQ Baked Beans – these are delicious served hot or cold, they have a sweet barbecue flavor, and they are so good for you.
5. Tuna Macaroni Salad – this dish is light and fresh, plus its super filling!
4. Turkey & Wild Rice Salad – this travels really well. It has a nice crunch from the cashews and a sweetness from the grapes.
3. Peach BBQ Sliders – how can you have a tailgate without sliders?
2. Low Country Dip – If you don’t have time to make something fancy, make sure you have some Low Country Dip on hand. It is completely addicting. Pair it with chips, pretzels, the pigs in a blanket, or veggies.
1. Deviled Eggs – you don’t get more Southern than this! You just can’t have a tailgate party without a deviled egg platter!