Weekday meals are my favorite place to save on calories. It is so much easier to eat healthy when I’m in a usual routine. The weekend always gets more challenging with so many fun things to do and so many delicious restaurants to try! Rather than blow my super healthy week on a big weekend meals, I am trying to incorporate healthy living into my weekends as well. Food prep really saves me here. As you saw with my Low Carb Lunch Wraps, I love to make extra at dinner so that I have lunch for the next day. For this salad, I took the same Make Ahead Chicken from before and added cheese and black beans to chopped romaine lettuce for a healthy meal. The little dollop of sour cream (fat free) on top made it seem like a splurge for a Saturday!
Tex Mex Salad
- 4 cups of Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1 can of Black Beans
- Dollop of Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 cups of diced Make Ahead Chicken
- Heat up black beans.
- Rinse black beans well.
- Mix black beans in with Make Ahead Chicken.
- Chop and rinse romaine lettuce. Distribute among 2 bowls.
- Serve chicken & black beans on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream
Make Ahead Chicken
- Place chicken breasts in an oven safe pan.
- Pour creamed corn and tomatoes over top of the chicken.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Serve for dinner. Chop up the rest and use for salad!
To go with a nice healthy salad, I want to share a gorgeous hike in Half Moon Bay: Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve. It is full of hidden brooks and big banana slugs. It is a gorgeous hike, with tons of shady trees, perfect for sunny days. You can also check out another of our favorite hikes, the Marin Headlands which has incredible views of San Francisco.
What are your go to meals for the weekend?