I hope that you enjoyed Monday’s post on Texas Homecoming Mums. That was my most honest and personal post yet….and my favorite to write. Living in Texas had some fun times and some frustrating times, but it was definitely one of a kind. If you aren’t familiar with the Texas Homecoming phenomena, I recommend you checking it out! I am continuing the football theme this week with an easy BBQ Peach Sliders, perfect for bringing to your next tailgate!
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Ripe Peach
- 1 Jar Peach Preserves or Jelly
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 24 Slices of your favorite cheese (I enjoy sharp cheddar on these to balance out the sweetness.)
- 24 Rolls
- Place chicken in a crockpot.
- Cover with preserves, red pepper, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and water.
- Peel & slice the peach. Add it to the crockpot.
- Stir ingredients so that the chicken is well covered.
- Cook on low for six hours or until the chicken falls apart easily.
- Remove from crockpot & shred. I have amazing claws from my mother in law to shred the chicken (similar ones here), but you can use forks.
- Add bbq sauce, stir well.
- Pile onto sweet rolls
- Add a slice of cheese while the chicken is still hot so that it melts slightly.
- Serve immediately or pack them up and bring them to your tailgate party!