Continuing with the Sweet & Spicy theme (pretty much one of the best flavor combos), this week I made Sweet & Spicy Turkey Tacos. I opted for 99% fat free ground turkey, some heat, and tons of veggies for these tacos…. because beach season! Need I say more???
I sauted the ground turkey in La Victoria’s new Mango Habenero salsa because it was super easy & delicious & I get lazy when it gets hot. Am I the only one? I just don’t want to spend all of my time chopping. Let me just say… yum! I may or may not have been taking bites straight from the bowl when they were done. To amp up the fiber and veggies, I tossed together a medley of black beans and zucchini to mix on top. Toast up some whole grain tortillas and you are good to go for a super healthy, high flavor, insanely easy summer dinner!
There may have been some diving into this salsa with chips after making the dish. The salsa starts out with that sweet mango flavor (you can actually see the chunks of mango!) then punches you with that heat. I’m a total wimp when it comes to spicy foods but that sweetness made it hard to not go back for more! Check out La Victoria’s website for more recipe ideas. There is a Mango Habenero Kielbasa Bites recipe that I have my eye on next.
I am especially excited to partner with La Victoria for this post because they are hosting a social giveaway called “View from My Plate.” You can win a Classic Four-burner Gas Grill (valued at up to $500). I’ve got some great summer recipes coming up and I want everyone to be ready to grill all season long! To enter, share a photo of your favorite dish on Instagram (or Facebook) with #ViewFromMyPlate, #MangoHabaneroSalsa and tag @LaVictoriaBrand. Summer food, picnic spots, long summer nights with friends and family, not a bad way to enter to win!
- 1 pound ground turkey (I used 99% fat free)
- 1 cup La Victoria Mango Habenero salsa
- 1 zucchini
- 1 can black beans
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- Saute ground turkey on the stovetop.
- Add in La Victoria Mango Habenero salsa.
- Cook until turkey is golden.
- Chop up zucchini.
- Add to pan on the stove top with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in drained, rinsed black beans.
- Toss on the stove top until a fork can easily slide into the zucchini.
- Lightly toast whole wheat tortillas.
- Layer the tortilla with turkey mixture, zucchini mixture, and add in some extra salsa if you want.
Who’s entering the La Victoria “View from My Plate” grill giveaway?