After an amazing Memorial Day weekend filled with kayaking, hiking, coastal driving, and of course eating as much fresh seafood as possible, I am in full summer mode. It’s time to fire up the grill at every chance! My favorite summer burger to grill up is one loaded down with goat cheese, grilled pineapple, and a sweet & spicy sauce. Is it just me or does summer is the perfect time to amp up the heat in your food? To kick up this summer bbq burger I made a yummy sweet apricot sauce (with spicy jalapeno peppers) and allowed the creamy goat cheese to provide a nice cool base for that heat.
When I cook, I always check the products to find out where they are from and use local whenever possible. Mezzetta Peppers is a family owned, local company, based only an hour away from me in Napa Valley.
Mezzetta is the #1 jarred peppers in the US with their proprietary brines, but what else would you expect from Napa??? I am so excited to partner with Mezzetta Peppers to bring you their Mezzetta Bold, Bright Summer Giveaway! Guys, seriously I am wishing that I could win this!
Grand Prize (1): Weber® Spirit® E-310™ gas grill (ARV $499.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
Runner-ups (10): Weber® ORIGINAL KETTLE® 18” charcoal grill (ARV $79.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
Click on this link between May 15th – July 15th, 2016 to enter to win!
To make these burgers, I used US grass fed, organic beef. Normally I would put some seasoning in the patties before grilling them, but since the sauce has a big impact, I opted to just let the jalapeno’s do the flavoring!
Cook the patty most of the way before topping it with some of the sauce and peppers. Then close the grill and let the flavor soak in while they finish cooking. This is also the perfect time for you to throw those pineapple rings on the grill!
Look at that gorgeous char on the pineapple! To assemble the burgers, simply layer the burger, sauce, pineapple, sauce, goat cheese, and of course a little more sauce if you want!
- 4 hamburger patties
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- 4 slices of pineapple
- For the Sauce:
- 1 Jar of apricot jelly
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Jalapeno Peppers
- Dice Mezzetta jalapeno peppers.
- Pour apricot jelly into a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir in chopped jalapeno peppers.
- Allow the mixture to bubble up, stirring frequently.
- Add in water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and boil down until you reach your desired sauce consistency.
- Add burgers to a hot grill & cook to your preference.
- When burgers are almost done, add pineapple slices to the grill.
- Leave pineapple on the grill until you start to see nice char marks, about 4 minutes.
- Spread goat cheese on burger buns.
- Layer the burger, then sauce, then pineapple, then a little more sauce.
- Top with the goat cheese spread bun & enjoy!
(Don’t forget to check out the giveaway for a new grill set!)