St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow! Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. That means its time to break out the green shirts, grab a friend and have a drink!
“End of the Rainbow”
(serve as a martini or milkshake)
- 2 cups mint chip ice cream (Breyer’s has some great low carb or no sugar added options to help the waistline, but I’ll be honest…I used the Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream. It was AH-mazing!)
- 1/4 cup milk (fat free milk is a great way to save calories here!)
- Optional: 3 oz. Jameson Irish whiskey
Combine in a blender and blend to your desired consistency.
Make the Rainbow
5 colors of Airheads
Slice airheads into thin slices.
Layer airhead slices onto each other like a rainbow.
Use a rolling pin (or the Jameson bottle) to flatten out the rainbow.
Arch the rainbow over a glass or a spice bottle to let it set in a nice arch.
When ready, drape rainbow over the edge of the glass.
Use whipped cream to make fluffy clouds.
Dust with green sprinkles and serve!
If you haven’t heard of Buena Vista Irish Coffee, I recommend adding it to your tourist wish list right away. Buena Vista is one of the most famous bars in San Francisco and it is know almost exclusively for the Irish Coffee. “The historic venture started on the night of November the 10th in 1952. Jack Koeppler, then-owner of the Buena Vista, challenged international travel writer Stanton Delaplane to help re-create a highly touted “Irish Coffee” served at Shannon Airport in Ireland.” You can find out more on their website, but in the meantime here is their historic recipe:
Additional St. Patrick’s Day Fun
- List of 11 Best Irish Pubs in San Francisco
- Savannah, GA Saint Patrick’s Day Parade
- Get Buzzed with Coffee Cocktails that Go Way Beyond Irish Coffee
- DIY Shamrock Balloons
- “This is My St. Patricks’ Day Shirt” on Etsy