Have I mentioned that I love picnics? There is something about getting outside on a gorgeous day to share a meal with your loved ones that is just perfection to me. Not to mention how adorable all of the tiny picnic items are! I love tiny salt and pepper shakers and picnic baskets where everything has its own little spot. Plus, my husband proposed over a wine country picnic so they have an extra special place in my heart!
Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 box shell pasta
- 1 bag peas
- 3 cans tuna (I have always used packed in water, but I recently read that packed in oil provides good fats.)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning salts (I swear by Jane’s Crazy Seasoning, because it has tons of yummy dried onion and garlic in it, but you can use your favorite seasoning.)
- Boil water with a pinch of salt.
- Add in pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain well.
- While pasta is hot, add in frozen peas. (The hot pasta will cook the peas enough. You do not need to additionally cook the peas. It will be too mushy.)
- Add in well drained tuna.
- Add in mayonnaise and seasoning salt.
- Stir well. Make sure that everything gets well combined.
Check back on Thursday for gorgeous photos of our picnic at Filoli Mansion and Gardens!
What’s your go to dish for picnics?