Welcome to week 3 of our Summer BBQ and Road Trip series! Today I am sharing this yummy recipe for Orange Marinated Steak with Buttered Mushrooms. When it comes to summer cooking, I am all about easy prep work. It is far too hot to stand over a hot stove for long periods of time. Summer is all about getting outside. Go for a bike ride, hit the beach, read a book, enjoy the long days. This recipe is simple to make. Throw the ingredients together, let the steaks marinate, then grill them up and you are good to go. The acid in the orange and in the Sprite make the steak juicy and delicious with minimal prep time! Tossing mushrooms in a little bit of flavor adds great flavor and texture to the steak.
- 2 Cups of Sprite
- 1/4 Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Orange
- 1 Pint of Mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- Marinate steaks:
- Place steaks in an prep dish.
- Pour a little bit of Worcestershire Sauce on each steak.
- Pour Sprite over top of the steaks.
- Top each steak with slices of orange.
- Let marinate over night.
- Grill steaks:
- Pull steaks out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature.
- Heat up your grill.
- Place steaks on grill.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly charred. This will vary depending on your personal steak temperature preference.
- Let steak sit for 10 minutes after cooking.
- Cook mushrooms:
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a fry pan.
- Add mushrooms to the fry pan as the butter is melting.
- Top with the additional tablespoon of butter.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Pour mushrooms over steak and serve.
I am getting our balcony set up for our summer evenings looking out at the bay. I just picked up some adorable Adirondack chairs in hot pink and bright green, but am still looking for a great outdoor rug. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!