Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (after Christmas of course!). I love the changing weather, getting all dressed up in costumes, all of the pumpkin dishes, and of course the treats! Super easy to make, with only a few ingredients needed, Mummy Marshmallow Cupcakes are a quick & spooky addition to any Halloween party! They also make a great cupcake making activity for kids in October. Whip up and easy brownie mix (I’m totally fine with boxed mix here because it’s really just a coating for the marshmallow, but you could also make your favorite “from scratch” brownie mix.) I found candy eyeballs (yep, how fun are those!) and just couldn’t resist! They were just too fun to not use!
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Small Tub of Marshmallow Fluff (about 1 1/2 Cups)
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- Candy eyeballs
- Make brownie mix by following the directions on the box or from scratch.
- Spoon a big scoop of brownie mix into cupcake tins.
- Stick a large marshmallow into the brownie mix.
- Spoon more batter over top of the marshmallow until it is just covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 325 degree. (My oven seems to run cool so I did them at 350.) They are ready when you lightly touch the top and it bounces back up.
- Let them cool completely before icing. This is really important because the marshmallow frosting will melt and slide around if they are warm at all!
- Combine butter (softened), vanilla, and marshmallow fluff with a mixer.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar. Add in a splash of milk if it seems too thick.
- Scoop icing into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Draw zig zags with the icing on the top of the cupcake.
- Carefully place eyeballs on the icing while the icing is still sticky.
***Be sure to store cupcakes in a cool place to keep the icing set!
How are you celebrating Halloween this year?