I typically like to stick to eating whole foods or items that I make myself rather than processed foods but sometimes I need a quick healthy lunch and just can’t handle eating another salad. I discovered Mission Low Carb tortillas at the grocery store and had to give them a try. (No, they are not paying me to say this!) They have only 6g of carbs per tortilla & are full of fiber.
When I am looking for a quick and easy lunch, I am all about food prep. I like to make a little bit extra at dinner time so that I can re-purpose the leftovers the next day. For these wraps I used my “made ahead” Spanish chicken left over from dinner and black beans that I use for my Taco Salad, but you can really use anything. My criteria for a good wrap is Spinach or Low Carb Wrap + sauce (or avocado or guac) + protein (this can be leftover casserole chicken or quinoa, whatever you have) + veggie (I use romaine lettuce or mixed greens). You can rework this wrap depending on what you have in the kitchen!
Make Ahead Chicken:
- Place chicken breasts in an oven safe pan.
- Pour creamed corn and tomatoes over top of the chicken.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 450 degrees.
To Assemble Wraps:
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat up a flat fry pan to medium heat.
- Warm a tortilla on fry pan until golden. Remove from heat.
- Spread the corn & tomato sauce from the chicken on the tortilla.
- Top tortilla with chicken.
- Top with black beans. (I use canned, heat, drain, rinse and serve. Frozen works as well or dried, but dried isn’t quick and easy!)
- Top with chopped lettuce.
- Add a squeeze of citrus. I normally like lime with chicken, but these oranges were so gorgeous!
- Depending on how crispy you made your tortilla, you can then eat it flat like a tostada or roll it like a regular wrap.
What are your quick go to lunch ideas?