Hopefully you caught the delicious grilled artichoke from last week. If not, I recommend making it as a side dish for these incredible cheeseburger sandwiches! There is an incredible sandwich shop near my house that makes the most amazing cheeseburgers, but serve them on sandwich rolls instead of hamburger buns. I was so inspired by the idea that I had to create my own version. This burger is cooked on a cast iron skillet which keeps tons of flavor. Then I piled it high with loads of toppings and served it on soft bread. So yummy! Let me know if you end up making it.
- 2 Burgers
- 2 Slices of Gruyere
- 2 Leaves of Lettuce
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Half of an Avocado
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 4 Slices of your favorite bread
- Cook bacon. Find directions here!
- Remove bacon, set aside in paper towels, and drain away the bacon grease.
- Place burgers in the hot skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes depending on doneness preference.
- Flip burgers over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place bread on skillet to lightly toast it.
- Remove bread and place on plate.
- Layer burger, cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and avocado on the bread.
- Serve hot and with a cool slice of watermelon!