Today I am sharing a recipe for a nice healthy side dish for your summer BBQ’s. Stay pool side ready all summer by loading your plate up with tons of veggies and smaller portions of the other fun rich foods. I sneak veggies in as much as possible….butter beans in the BBQ beans, mushrooms on the steak, and now asparagus on the side! Another great way keep feeling good during the summer is to get active touring whether its in your own town or on vacation! Check back on Thursday for a Washington DC tour guide.
1 bunch of asparagus
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (or one fresh lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper
- Gently bend asparagus until it snaps. This will naturally get rid of the fibrous ends of the asparagus.
- Wash asparagus well & place in a large sheet of aluminum foil.
- Generously sprinkle lemon juice over the asparagus.
- Generously sprinkle lemon seasoning.
- Seal the asparagus in the foil by tightly curling the edges together.
- Place directly on grill.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- You will know that the asparagus is done when you can easily stick a fork into the asparagus. If it takes effort, leave the asparagus on longer. Be carefully not to let it cook too long or it will get soggy.
- Serve hot!