I have this great combo of garlic shrimp with a slight kick from the peppers that I made all of the time. One night I was serving it for dinner & thought, these go so great on some nachos! I was right, it was delicious! Especially on these blue quinoa & maca chips that have a ton of whole grains & fiber. I was feeling especially inspired to add to my Taco Bar spread! I think these might have to go on the list too.
I buy the kind of shrimp that comes in a big bag from Canada that has already been deveined, with tails off. The bag of shrimp gets stored in my freezer. On weeknights when I have to work late & I get home from work & am starving, I can toss those bad boys in a skillet with some garlic. In under 5 minutes, I have a delicious dinner. It’s faster & tastes better, and is immensely more healthy than stopping by a drive through. Plus it gets me home to my yoga pants & Netflix that much faster! I’ve experimented with various shrimp options like red peppers & a teaspoon of honey (also yummy, btw), but I keep coming back to this garlic & shrimp combo. The tiniest kick of heat from the red peppers is a fun addition. You can add more if you prefer more of punch of heat!
Once you’ve sauted your shrimp with garlic & peppers, pour it with black beans & cheese all over your chips. Finish it off by giving the whole plate a nice hearty squeeze of lime. Serve with margaritas if the night calls for it!
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon of red peppers
- 1 pound of deveined, tail off shrimp
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine garlic, peppers, olive oil, and shrimp in a pan on the stove top.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes (depending on size of shrimp) or until pink.
- Add in one can of black beans.
- Saute together until warm.
- Spoon mixture over chips & top immediately with cheddar cheese.
- Serve warm!