Summer pool parties are here! What are you bringing to those get togethers? A good Southern girl always brings a homemade dish to a party. Chips and dip are always a big hit at pool parties. I love the salty chips with a creamy dip. Garlic dip with chips is one of my most popular dishes. The garlic takes center stage and delivers a punch of flavor while keeping it low in calories by using light mayo and sour cream. I like to throw some fresh veggies on the plate to help stay swimsuit ready!
Garlic Dip & Chips
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 Cup Light Mayo
1 Cup Light Sour Cream
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon of Seasonings (I love using fresh chives, but if I don’t have them on hand, then I used a mixed seasoning.)
- Roast Garlic:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel away the excess exterior of the garlic, but don’t peel it completely.
- Cut across the top of the garlic so that the top is exposed.
- Drizzle exposed garlic with olive oil, letting the oil sink down into the cloves.
- Wrap in foil and place on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Smash the garlic and dice it well. Puree it in a food processor if you have one. It gives the dip a more creamy texture. If you don’t have one, that’s okay. I enjoy the small chunks of garlic in the dip!
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- This dip tastes better if you let it sit overnight. You get a stronger garlic and herb taste, but its still delicious even if you eat it right away!
If you don’t have time to roast garlic, you can use powdered garlic or diced garlic from the spice aisle of your grocery store. You won’t get the same antioxidants and strong flavor as you would with fresh roasted garlic, but it definitely works in a pinch.!
Substitutions: 1 clove = 1 teaspoon chopped garlic = 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic = 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder