What do gooey blue cheese, peppery arugula, sweet figs, salty bacon, and tangy balsamic all have in common? They all work together to make these Fig & Blue Cheese Hors d’oeuvres scrumptious! I am sharing this yummy, easy to make treat that you can share with your family and friends this season AND I am partnering with Salemville® cheeses
to bring you this amazing giveaway for a grill smoker!!!
Rules: Limited to one (1) Entry per person per day during the Entry Period.
Additional Information: Sweepstakes entry period starts at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 31, 2017.
The holidays can be a hectic time but if you get caught up in the whirlwind, you’ll miss the best parts of the season. Slow down over a tasty little treat! Pull on some fuzzy socks, invite over your loved ones, whip up some treats, and break out the warm drinks for a chance to linger well into the night. How amazing does that sound? Whip up some of these Fig & Blue Cheese Hors d’oeuvres with Salemville® cheeses
and everyone will want to slow down with you!
- They are made here in the US, in none other than America’s Dairyland, Wisconsin so you are supporting local products.
- There are no chemical additives or preservatives in it.
- You get that rich, earthy flavor from the bright blue veined cheese.
Making these treats is simple. It does require 9 ingredients, but it is the variety of ingredients that makes each bite something you want to slow down and savor. To start, cut up your puff pastry and brush it with an egg bath. This will give it that pretty color. Then load em up! Sprinkle on your Salemville® Blue Cheese
, add in some Parmesan, bacon bits, and figs for that balance of salty and sweet. Bake them for about 15 minutes, then take them out and top them with arugula. Finish them off by drizzling some balsamic and even add in some more Salemville® Blue Cheese
crumbles if you want an extra punch of flavor.
Word to the wise: Puff pastry tastes the best straight out of the oven. Assemble your supplies, then wait until your first guest shows up to pop them in the oven.
Fig & Blue Cheese Hors d’oeuvres
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Salemville blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 15 figs, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Spray a cookie sheet with oil.
- Cut thawed puff pastry sheets into squares & place on sheet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon water with 1 egg. Brush egg mixture on puff pastries.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Sprinkle with figs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with arugula.
- Drizzle with balsamic.
What would you make if you won the grill smoker?
(Visited 83 times, 2 visits today)