As we start 2016, I wanted to thank everyone who has followed along with Sweet Tea Sweetie. I have some yummy recipes and plenty of wanderlust to share this year. To say thank you, I have teamed up with an awesome group of fellow bloggers to bring you a $700 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway to help you reach your new years resolutions. Whether you are in need of new workout gear, travel supplies, or books to final get around to reading, this gift card has you covered. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for several ways to enter!
I’m also sharing with you how to easily make homemade pesto. Hopefully you’re feeling Italy inspired after the start of our Wanderlust Wednesday. Homemade pesto is surprisingly easy and super delicious! Once you figure out how to make the basic, you can go crazy with other kinds that use walnuts or spinach. My favorite will always be the classic though!
Starting with amazing fresh ingredients is the first step! Look at those bright basil leaves and aged Parmesan! Yum!
I threw all of my ingredients in the Vitamix and watched it do its magic.
I’ll happily eat it just like that!
To create a smoother texture, I let mine sit for a few days in olive oil, then finished it off in the food processor. Check back over the next few weeks to see some recipes that use the pesto including bruschetta and a pasta salad!
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves peeled garlic
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Combine basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan in the bowl of a food processor or strong blender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Blend ingredients together.
- Slowly adding the olive oil while blending until ingredients have a thick, creamy texture. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- You have the option to let set for a few days in olive oil, then puree in a food processor again to really get a spreadable texture.
Now for the part you’ve all been looking for…the giveaway! Thank you so much to Beth at Food, Fashion, and Fun for putting this together.
a Rafflecopter giveaway