It’s fall y’all! Time to start checking off those fall bucket lists. Who’s going apple picking? I am all about apple recipes right now. Even better if you add a little bit of cinnamon. It makes the house smell heavenly! Today I have partnered with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets to bring you Easy Apple Pocket Pies. Check out the video at the end of this post! I am so excited about these because Puff Pastry Sheets are super easy to work with. They go from flat & frozen to delicious, flaky crust in 10-15 minutes. I was inspired to make these Easy Apple Pocket Pies because Thanksgiving is coming up & I am always in need of a quick & easy recipe that guests will love. Bonus if guests can easily grab one for themselves, rather than having to wait to be the first person to cut into the pie!
Pocket pies are so much fun for everyone to eat. They are hand held so you can just pass the plate around during a party or more likely, whip up a batch, place the plate on the counter, and your guests will be drawn in my how good they smell! Each one is just the right size for dessert! They are really versatile. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry are really easy to work with. Roll them out, fill with goodness, glaze, & bake for a treat during any season. Apples & cinnamon are perfect for fall, but I’ll be swapping in blackberries in the summer, pomegranates at Christmas time, and strawberries in the spring!
3 Tips for Working with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets:
- Roll them out then cut them however you want! I initially was experimenting with different shapes including triangles & mini purses. When it came down to it, the apples & cream cheese mixture was too good. I needed a shape with more acreage. That’s the great thing about working with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry though. You have that freedom. When I make these again for a Christmas cocktail party, I’ll stick to mini purses. (Pomegranate seeds in the center, then pull the sides up to meet.)
- They are best with some sort of glaze. It makes them extra golden. I like this butter, sugar, & cinnamon glaze to pair with the apples. If you make a savory pocket, opt for an egg wash!
- Save Puff Pastry for a last minute treat. You can work with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry straight from the oven & they only take 10-15 minutes to cook so as long as you have some sort of yummy filling, you’re good to go. Don’t want to take the time to chop apples, fill the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry with cheese!
- 2 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- Preheat to 400 degrees.
- Peel & chop up apples.
- Melt butter.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, & cinnamon into a sugar glaze.
- Cut Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets into squares the size of your palm.
- Spread cream cheese onto half of the squares.
- Brush Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets squares with sugar glaze.
- Place a spoonful of chopped apples in the center of each Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets square.
- Cover apples with another square of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets.
- Use a fork to press sides together.
- Brush Apple Pocket Pies with glaze.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot!