Cheesy Shells stuffed with ground turkey, zucchini, two types of cheese, and baked to perfection in Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat Sauce. I’ve made a lot of dishes over the last two years of blogging. Some were heirloom family recipes that I grew up eating. Some were modified favorites for a healthier lifestyle. Some were custom creations that my husband and I crafted together. This dish is one that I whipped up with some of my favorite ingredients, but has now found a permanent place in my rotation. I am working on a page dedicated to my best recipes to share with you guys. These Cheesy Stuffed Shells with Ragu Homestyle is going to definitely make the cut! The warm, stuffed shells just dripping with gooey cheese are so delicious & I feel good about eating them. This is thanks to the low fat ground turkey, zucchini, & low fat cottage cheese that makes these stuffed shells a gooey, homestyle favorite with a fraction of the waistline damage!
To me homestyle means simple and unpretentious. Its food that no matter where you eat it, it evokes the comforts & feeling of home. Homestyle should be satisfying and make you feel warm inside. Homestyle is never the fanciest meal. Its the meal that looks like a hot mess & it only makes you want to dive in even more. Homestyle is the food that your mom would make when you were sick or upset. Its that first dish that you try to make on your own when you go away to college & you’re missing home, but you don’t want to admit it to your friends. Cheesy Stuffed Shells with Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce is one of those homestyle recipes that you can easily recreate on your own. Brown up ground beef or turkey, add in some veggies, cheese, and Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce, spoon it into the shells, pop it in the oven and serve it up to the envy of everyone else in your dorm!
Start by preheating your oven to 350. Spread Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat Sauce over the bottom of your pan/
Brown your ground turkey with salt & pepper. Saute zucchini. Chop it up & add it to your ground turkey.
Top with more Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Meat Sauce.
Add in cottage cheese & cheddar cheese and stir until melted together. Cook your shells until al dente (or firm to the bite). Spoon your ground turkey into the shells.
Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Pull them out and enjoy your gooey, cheesy bites!
Check out Ragu’s website for more delicious homestyle recipes made with their thick, pasta hugging sauce.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 box large shell pasta
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce
- Brown ground turkey with salt and pepper until fully cooked.
- Saute zucchini on the stovetop until a fork can easily slide in it.
- Add zucchini to ground turkey.
- Add in cottage cheese. 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, and one cup of Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add shell pasta to boiling water for 8 minutes or until soft with a firm center.
- Drain shell pasta.
- Pour 1 cup Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce into the bottom of a baking pan.
- Line the baking pan with your cooked shells.
- Carefully spoon ground turkey mixture into each shell.
- Coat each shell with more Ragu Homestyle Meat Sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve hot!