Two weeks until Valentine’s Day!
How much fun is it that Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year? I’m thinking that this calls for breakfast in bed! These delicious beauties are quick to make and not at all messy. Use regular bacon for a special occasion, salty treat or opt for natural preservative-free turkey bacon for a low fat, low carb everyday breakfast.
Breakfast in Bed Protein “Muffins”
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin tins with extra virgin olive oil (or your favorite nonstick spray).
3. Wrap a piece of bacon around the inside of a muffin tin. Snip it off the tail end of the bacon piece that doesn’t fit around. Lay it down in the bottom of the muffin tin. This should make an adorable little basket.
4. Repeat this step for however many “muffins” you want. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make as few or as many as you want!
5. Carefully crack an egg into each bacon basket. Make sure that you didn’t drop in any egg shell.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. I used an amazing Bourbon Smoked Pepper and fresh cracked sea salt for maximum flavor.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
The length of bake time depends on how you like your bacon and eggs cooked. Take them out early if you like your eggs more runny, keep them in longer if you like your bacon crispy. I selected a nice medium time so that the “muffin” held its shape, but didn’t let the bacon get too crispy.
Pair these with fresh fruit, hot tea or coffee and lots of love for a romantic breakfast in bed!