I apologize to regular readers for the delay in blog posts this past week! We took a family vacation to Yosemite. It was the first time that we have been on a family vacation with our significant others, since my brother and I both got married last year. Yosemite was absolutely stunning. Expect lots of photos to come! This week I am sharing a recipe for one of my go to breakfast dishes. It is packed full of protein and all of the goodness of avocados & goat cheese with the yummy saltiness of bacon added in. This is a perfect way to spend a lazy Saturday summer morning. Plus, it fills you up for a long day of playing at the lake or hiking in the cool mountains.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 ounce of Goat Cheese
- Add bacon to a cold skillet. (I prefer to use a cast iron skillet.) Starting the bacon in a cold skillet will allow the fat more time to melt away, leaving you with perfect crispy bacon.
- Cook until crispy, approximately 8 minutes.
- When bacon reaches desired consistency, remove from skillet and place in paper towels to absorb extra grease.
- When cooled, crumble and set aside.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour ingredients into a hot, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Allow eggs to cook for about a minute, slowly folding in the sides as needed.
- Add in the goat cheese. Allow your goat cheese to melt for another minute.
- Slowly pull your spatula through the eggs to stir.
- Remove from heat. Scrambled eggs should only take a few minutes to make.
- Immediately stir in 1/2 of a diced avocado & the chopped bacon.
- Serve hot!